I’m back in the blogging game for just about a week and already the awards are pouring in!
Actually, just one award, but from 3 different people!
Check this out…
Yep, apparently blogging about one thing – family – earned me the Versatile Blogger.
Like any “Bloggy Award” there are rules that go with this award.
Versatile Blogger Award Etiquette:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
Tell us seven things about yourself that your readers did not already know.
Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.
So, thank you to:
1. Jackie at …To Find the Line…
2. Aimee at Girl Talk
3. Heather at Momma’s Time Out
(Go check them out – they’ve got some good stuff)
Seven things about me that you don’t already know? Hmmm… that’s hard.
But that was a while ago so I’ll just revisit some of my favorites.
1. I was born on the day my parents were supposed to be moving from Ft. Sill, OK to Ft. Bliss, TX. Well, I say "supposed to move" but my Dad and older brother actually DID move. I was born very early in the morning. My "due date" was "April Fools Day" -- I guess I decided to play the ultimate April Fools Joke and come three days sooner.
2. My job when I was in High School was bagging groceries at the Commissary on the base where we lived. I made tips only but made quite a bit of money! And I always had change….
3. I've kissed the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle in Cork, Ireland. It was very scary! First, you have to know I'm also afraid of heights -- or unstable things. And to kiss the Blarney Stone you have to climb to the top of the "tower" and then lay on your back and lean upside down over a "grate" to kiss it. There is a very strong man that holds you to make sure you don't fall, but still.... Click here to see a picture of what it looks like. Even though I was terrified, I'm glad I did it!
4. I love popcorn. In fact, if left on my own, and I didn't have children to feed, I would eat popcorn for dinner more often than not.
5. I have flown around the world twice – once in each direction. Not continuously (obviously) but I’ve done it. In fact, it may be more than twice….
6. I was a Rotary Exchange Student in High School -- the year between graduation and going to College. I went to a beautiful island on the west coast called Sula. I was in Langevag, Norway. This was not my first stint living in a foreign country. I lived in Mannheim, Germany while I was in Middle School, my dad was Army and stationed there, I lived on an American housing development and went to DoD (American) Schools. So my experience in Norway was my first real interaction and life outside the US. It taught me tons and much of who I am today results from that time. And I met some wonderful people that are some of my best friends to this day.
7. I had a security blanket when I was little. I called it my "Daisy Blanket." I think the remnants are still at my parent's house. Apparently, it was yellow with daisy's but I only remember it being completely white (it was very well loved and worn). My mom must have had to sneak it off to the wash! I also had a favorite baby doll named "Julie." She is still at my mom's house – Sam has played with her before and I love that my nieces love to play with her too.
Sorry there was nothing new, just rehashing old stuff, but there are some newbies out there reading this!
And as for tagging 15 new blogs… to be honest, I don’t read that many new blogs.
When I took my hiatus from blogging it was partly due to the fact I was getting so overwhelmed with reading blogs, keeping mine up to date, blogging about what other people wanted me to blog about… it stressed me out.
So when I started blogging again, I started with a new attitude. I’m blogging for me and my family and if people stumble over here great. And I’ll read other people’s blogs, but I’m not getting so caught up in reading every blog every night.
So, if you’re reading this and you have a blog, CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve just earned the Versatile Blogger Award!
I know, that “may” be cheating, but I don’t care. It’s my blog!